Diving Courses in Bali:
Advanced Open Water Diver
Advanced Open Water Diver Course is intended to provide certified divers an introduction into different specialties before you commit to completing a full program. It’s a great way to experience what advanced training is all about and how valuable it can be to your diving adventures. During the Advanced Open Water Course, you will have the chance to try out five different specialties. You will complete one open water training dive per specialty, and if you decide to take a full program in any of the specialties you tried, the dive you took can be applied to your advanced certification.
At Southern Dreams Diving Club we offer the following specialties:
- Boat Diving
- Deep Diving
- Enriched Air Nitrox
- Underwater Navigation
- Night and Limited visibility
- Perfect Buoyancy
- Search and Recovery
- Waves, Tides and Currents
- Wreck Diving
- Fish Identification
- Underwater naturalist
- Underwater photography and videography
Deep Dive is mandatory. Our Instructors will help you to choose the remaining 4 adventure dives according to your personal interests and preferences.
Each dive has a chapter dedicated to it in the Advanced manual. In order to prepare for each dive, you will independently study the chapter in question plus complete the related exercises in the knowledge review section. There are no quizzes or exams. Just the chapter to read and a briefing of your instructor before going underwater! Save time by studying online, and then complete your dives when you arrive to Candidasa, Bali.
You can do this course in 2 or 3 days, in a flexible schedule.
Would you like to go further in your diving education?
Discover SSI’s Continuing Education program taking a specific number of SSI Specialties and continuing your pursuit of dives, allows you to earn higher levels of diver ratings. SSI’s ratings are the only ratings in the industry that combine training and experience requirements, proving that SSI ratings are truly earned.
It is up to you to decide how far you want to go. And the best part is that recognition at SSI is free! Complete your Specialty Programs with the applicable SSI Specialty certification card and receive the SSI Recognition Ratings: Specialty Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver, and Master Diver – for free.
How to get SSI Recognition Ratings?
- Specialty Diver: complete two SSI Specialty programs and log twelve open water dives.
- Advanced Open Water Diver: complete four SSI Specialty programs and log twenty four open water dives
- Master Diver: Complete Diver Stress and Rescue or its equivalent, four additional SSI Specialty programs and log fifty dives.
SSI´s certifications are recognised worldwide so your diving experiences will be limitless!
Student prerequisites to enrol Advanced Open Water Diver Course
- Minimum age: 10 years old.
- Minimum age for Adventure Deep Dives: 12 years old.
- Hold an Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification, or an equivalent certification from another recognised certification agency.
The cost of the course is:
- Advanced Adventure Diver (5 dives) 4,900,000 IDR
- For Specialty Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver or Master Diver, send us un email and we can prepare a quotation based in your diving history and experience.
The price for Open Water Diver course includes:
- Online didactic materials translated in more than 30 languages
- Full diving equipment
- Certification card cost
- Transfer from / to your hotel
- Mineral water, snacks and lunch
- Transfer to the best dive spots in Bali (land and sea)
- Marine park fees
- Porters and tax