SCUBA DIVING IN BALI
WITH SOUTHERN DREAMS DIVING CLUB
Scuba Diving in Bali is a superb and breath taking underwater adventure. The warm tropical waters surrounding the coastline of Bali holds some of the richest and most diverse marine life in the world.
Special highlights range from extensive coral reefs and magnificent marine life, world class ship wrecks, and expansive artificial ‘biorock’ reef gardens that offer a one-of-a-kind underwater photo opportunity with sunken temples and statues overgrown with gorgonians and teeming with tropical fish, drop-offs walls descending so deep, excellent muck diving with tiny and strange critters, and of course the oceanic sunfish or ‘Mola-Mola’, reef sharks, sea turtles, tiny pygmy seahorses, ornate Ghost Pipefish, frogfish, nudibranchs, rhynopias and the majestic Giant Manta Rays.
No doubt, if we had to choose one word to describe scuba diving in Bali would be “biodiversity”. Either you are a beginner or experienced diver Bali offers dive sites that suit all levels.
We have written a small description of the most popular sites but there are far more dive sites to explore in Bali beyond these. Depending on what you’d like to see on your scuba diving holidays in Bali and your diving certification level and experience at Southern Dreams Diving Club we can help you organise the best and unique plan for you.
Some facts about Scuba Diving in Bali
- located in the heart of the Triangle of the coral reef, Bali has over 393 species of coral and 952 species of reef fish
- Bali is surrounded by not one, but two oceans – creating unique biodiversity, which is a success recipe for an amazing dive experience
- Bali offers some of the best dive sites in the world. Around the island, divers find everything from rare macro critters to fascinating pelagic species, like the majestic Manta Rays, Bali has it all!
- Bali has more than thirty diving options for total newbies to the most advanced divers
- You’ll have the chance to wreck dive the unique USAT Liberty Wreck, a United States Army ship with served during World War II
- In Bali diving is possible all year long. Overall, the best diving conditions exist from end of June till end of November
- Water temperatures in North East Bali is twenty seven to twenty nine degrees all year long. In South East Bali, including Candidasa, Padangbai and Nusa Penida, during the high season, water temperature can drop down to twenty one degrees. The good news about this is all the new life that brings, you have the best chances to see the elusive Oceanic sunfish or “Mola-Mola”, the heaviest known bony fish (weighing up to 1000kg!) in the world, that comes with the cold waters to the reefs of Candidasa and Nusa Penida.
Why Scuba Diving in Bali with Southern Dreams Diving Club?
There are many reasons why you may choose dive with us, below we list some of them:
- we are a certified and affiliate scuba diving school – SSI and ADIP
- international dive team with decades of experience in guiding and teaching scuba diving
- we speak English, Spanish and French
- we follow international safety standards
- our dive center is located in the heart of the best dive sites in Bali
- we work individually or in small groups only
- we offer custom dives, considering dive certification and experience, water conditions and diver’s wishes
- private guides available
- brand new and rigorously maintained diving gear
- we care about the environment
- family dive center atmosphere
- your safety is our top priority
- we love what we do: our passion is diving, and we share it with all of our divers