Diving Courses in Bali: Scuba Diver
SSI SCUBA DIVER COURSE
The SSI Scuba Diver course is a subset of the Open Water Diver course. Scuba Divers have more theoretical background and better developed water skills than Discover Scuba Diving participants, however, they are not qualified for independent diving.
SSI Scuba Diver Course is a perfect solution to learn to Scuba Dive if you have limited time, but still, want to leave as a certified diver. If you are short on time but really want to become a certified diver, the SSI Scuba Diver program might be right for you particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily with a dive guide. This course is an intermediate step for earning an Open Water Diver certification if that’s your ultimate goal. SSI Scuba Divers are qualified to:
- Dive under the direct supervision of a Dive Professional to a maximum depth of 12 meters.
- Continue dive training by completing the SSI Open Water Course
SSI Scuba Diver is a certification for life, and you can get it in only 2 days. You will have to go through diving theory, doing both, self study and theoretical classes with the help of your instructor and pass a final exam. After you will learn some skills in confined water, and you will do two open water dives under the direct supervision of your Instructor.
It is a very fun experience, and you can, at any time upgrade your education to Open Water Diver.
HOW DO WE ORGANISE YOUR SSI SCUBA DIVER SOURSE IN BALI?
Duration: 2 days
Day one: you will meet with your Instructor at Southern Dreams Diving Club in the morning, fill and sign all the paper work, prepare all your diving equipment, and review the theory you have studied online.
After we go to the swimming pool and practice all the confined water skills until you feel totally confortable.
Day two: we go to the ocean, we will choose the dive sites with the better conditions that day and do two open water dives, directly supervised by your Instructor, in a relax, professional, safe and fun way, where you can practice all the skills learned on the swimming pool while exploring the dive site and its marine life.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The SSI Scuba Diver course consists of three main phases:
Phase one: Knowledge Development (online, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving – just the first three of six sections of the Open Water Diver course and pass a final exam, scoring a minimum of 80%
You will learn:
- a brief history of man’s attempt to enter the aquatic realm
- effects of pressure on the surface and underwater
- equalisation techniques
- heat loss underwater
- developing proper breathing patterns
- concept of buoyancy
- basic rules of scuba diving
- breathing gas and their effect on your body
Phase two: Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills –
- Scuba system assembly and disassembly
- predate safety check
- removing and replacing the weights system
- controlled descent and ascent with a buddy
- mask removal and replacement
- neutral buoyancy
- air sharing
- equipment care
- no mask swim
- emergency swimming ascent
- breathing from a free flowing regulator
- safety stop
- emergency buoyant ascent
- rescue skills (approach, cramp removal and tows)
Phase three: Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore – just two of four dives of the Open Water Diver course.
HOW CAN YOU START LEARNING NOW?
Get started by registering for Scuba Diver Course online for FREE – SSI’s eLearning option. The web-based system gives you the background information you need to dive safely and allows you to study at your own pace through an easy-to-use, interactive program.
STUDENTS PREREQUISITES TO ENROL ON SCUBA DIVER COURSE:
To enrol in a SSI Scuba Diver course (or Junior Scuba Diver course):
- you must be 10 years old or older.
- You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical and health conditions
- No prior experience with scuba diving is required, but you can try it first through the Discover Scuba Diving program
The price of SSI Scuba Diver Course in Bali with Southern Dreams Diving Club is 3,900,000 IDR and includes:
- all diving equipment
- online didactic materials
- log book
- PIC Certification Card upon completing the course
- diving insurance
- pick up at your hotel
- transfer to the dive sites (land and sea)
- mineral water, snacks and lunch
- marine park fees and porters