SCUBA DIVING IN BALI
WITH SOUTHERN DREAMS DIVING CLUB
Scuba Diving in Bali with Southern Dreams Diving Club in the best dive sites Bali has to offer! Either you are a beginner or an experience diver, Bali offers dives for all levels. In truth, you can choose calm dives in beautiful coral reefs, or deep dives, cave dives, night dives and drift dives as well. Above all, the warm tropical waters surrounding the coastline of Bali hold some of the richest and most diverse marine life in the world.
Special highlights range from extensive coral reefs and magnificent marine life. Also world class ship wrecks, and expansive artificial reefs. In fact, here you have a one-of-a-kind underwater photo opportunity. You can dive at sunken temples and also statues overgrown with gorgonians and teeming with tropical fish. In addition, in Bali you can enjoy fabulous deep dives with and excellent muck diving as well with tiny and strange critters. Eve more, in Bali you will have the opportunity to dive with oceanic sunfish or Mola-Mola, reef sharks, sea turtles, tiny pygmy seahorses, ornate Ghost Pipefish, frogfish, nudibranchs, rhynopias and fabulous Giant Manta Rays.
No doubt, if we had to choose one word to describe scuba diving in Bali would be “biodiversity”. Either you are a beginner or experienced diver Bali offers dive sites that suit all levels.
We have written a small description of the most popular sites in Bali. But there are far more to explore in the island beyond these. Depending on what you’d like to see during the diving holidays in Bali and diving certification level and experience at Southern Dreams Diving Club we can help you organise the best and unique plan for you.
Bali dive sites: Amuk Bay
Padangbai, the most protected area in Amuk Bay, offers an extraordinary macro life. For example rhinopias, seahorse, ribbon eels, leaf scorpion fish, and many more. In fact, it is a perfect dive for underwater photographers.
Bali dive sites: North East
Tulamben offers the best wreck dive in Bali. You can choose to do sunrise, day and even night dive at this stunning wreck. It is home of humphead parrotfish, turtles and a great biodiversity of marine life. Likewise, at Tulamben you can also dive at the fabulous drop off for deep divers and even at the coral garden with an underwater temple!
Bali dive sites: Nusa Penida
Do you want to know the great marine biodiversity that Bali offers? Watch this video, a summary of everything you can see on your dives with Southern Dreams Diving Club in Bali.
Why Scuba Diving in Bali with Southern Dreams Diving Club?
There are many reasons why you may choose dive with us. Below we list some of them:
- we are a certified and also affiliate scuba diving school – SSI and ADIP
- our international dive team has decades of experience both in guiding and teaching scuba diving
- we speak English, Spanish and also French
- the dive center is located in the heart of the best dive sites in Bali
- we work individually or in small groups only in order to give you a unique, fun and most important, safe experience
- even more, we plan custom dives for you considering dive certification and experience, water conditions and diver’s wishes
- private guides available
- brand new and rigorously maintained diving gear
- we care about the environment. For example, we do daily beach clean ups
- family dive center atmosphere
- your safety is our top priority, hence we follow international safety standards
- In conclusion, we love what we do: our passion is diving, and we share it with all of our divers
Some facts about Bali dive sites
- It is located in the heart of the Triangle of the coral reef. In other words, Bali has over 393 species of coral and 952 species of reef fish
- The island is surrounded not by one, but two oceans, creating a unique biodiversity. In truth, is a success recipe for an amazing dive experience
- Bali offers some of the best dive sites in the world. For instance, divers find everything from rare macro critters like pygmy seahorse and also fascinating pelagic species, for example Manta Rays. That is to say, Bali has it all!
- From total newbies to the most advanced divers, there are plenty dive sites for all levels. In fact, we dive at more than 50 different dive sites!
- You’ll have the chance to wreck dive the unique USAT Liberty, an american Army ship with served during World War II
- In Bali diving is possible all year around
- Water temperature varies. While on average in North East area is 27 – 29 degrees all year around, meanwhile, in the East side of the island, during dry season water temperature can drop down as low as 20 degrees
- The good news about this is all the new life the cold currents bring! Therefore you have the best chances to see the Oceanic sunfish. It is, in fact, the heaviest bony fish (weighing up to 1000 kg!) in the world!