Rescue Diver Course
During the Rescue diver course, you will learn to look beyond yourself to consider the safety and also well-being of other divers. Besides, you will learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem-solving skills until they become second nature.
In addition, you will expand your knowledge about basic problem prevention and accident management skills as well. On top of that, during the course, you will learn to manage more complex dive emergencies and to apply direct intervention techniques to assist others in an emergency state.
Truly, this course is the most challenging and also more physically demanding than any diving course you have done so far. Yet it is the most rewarding at the same time. Even more, it is a lot of fun! It’s a serious course but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
Many participants also are looking forward to becoming Dive professionals. In fact, this course is a prerequisite for all leadership level training. For instance, to become a Dive Guide, Dive Master, or Diving Instructor. In other words, the rescue diver course gives a solid base upon which we can build. To sum up, great Rescue skills are an essential part of a Dive Professional.
Rescue Diver Course, how does it work?
The course typically takes 3 days to complete but is performance-based training, not time-based. That means you may need more days to fully complete it. Most important is you feel absolutely comfortable as a rescue diver at the end of the course.
Theory Rescue Diver Course
Like any other diving course, you need to start studying the theory. SSI offers an online theory. It means you will complete the theory at your own pace. After, you will review it all with your Instructor before taking the final exam.
What you will learn is :
- What is stress and also how to manage stress in other divers
- How to manage an emergency
- How to rescue yourself
- Conditions that complicate rescues
- How to rescue a panicked and unresponsive diver
After it is time to go in the water! First, there are several skills that your instructor will practice with you in the sea. For example, self-rescuing skills, buddy assist, buddy rescue, search patterns, and also in-water rescue breathes. Once you master the skills individually, it will be time to test them in more realistic situations. Hence, your instructor will set up two simulated dive emergencies, which you will then manage from start to finish. Needless to say, you will need to employ the skills acquired during your theory and skills practice to ensure everyone survives.
- Be 12 years old or more
- Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent.
- Have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past twenty-four months.
ADIP*** rescue courses require all of the above plus:
- Minimum 25 logged dives, including 5 deep dives
Choose the best rescue diver course for you:
At Southern Dreams Diving Club we offer 3 rescue courses, following the standards of different associations:
SSI stress and rescue
- Minimum 12 years old
- 2 days / 4 dives
- Price 4,900,000 IDR
Rescue Diver Course – ADIP***
- Minimum 18 years old
- 3 days/ 6 dives
- It includes decompression deep dive specialty to 40 meters
- Price: 6,100,000 IDR
Recue Diver Course – ADIP*** Deep 60
- Minimum 18 years old
- 5 days / 10 dives
- It includes decompression deep dive specialty to 60 meters
- Price: 8,900,000 IDR
The price includes:
- Online didactic materials translated into more than 30 languages
- Full diving equipment
- Certification card cost
- Mineral water, snacks, and lunch
- Transfer to the best dive spots in Bali (land and sea)
- Marine park fees and also porters and tax
Emergency First Responder Course
EFR, Primary and Secondary Care (or equivalent) is a prerequisite for the Rescue Diver course.
During the program, you will learn how to respond to life-threatening emergencies. In fact, the course focuses on primary care It is a combination of knowledge development, skill development, and realistic scenario practice as well. The reason is to make sure participants have confidence in their ability to provide care when emergency situations arise.
Primary Care (CPR) skills taught in this course:
- Scene safety assessment universal precautions
- Communicable disease protection, including barrier use
- Primary assessment
- Rescue breathing
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Obstructed airway management
- Serious bleeding management
- Shock and also spinal injury management
Duration: 1 day
Price: 1,900,000 IDR